Make, Jane, make!: The smell of spring...

Printfriendly

Small Share

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The smell of spring...


Lilacs are the smell of spring for me. 


This bunch smelled especially fragrant as they were picked after a child-free and very productive day of house-cleaning and veggie-planting.

I often think back to the days before children #1, #2 and #3. Those days were always so productive... especially the weekends when I wasn't scheduled for work. Running and yoga, a clean house, weeded and tended lawns and gardens - all before lunch. 


There was time for afternoon naps, fancy dinners and late evening drinks with friends.


Nowadays, those luxuries are far away memories and I feel lucky that I have the time to go outside and have an early morning photo shoot with just the bleeding hearts and myself.


Although, I think part of the reason that I enjoy convening with all the new life bursting forth in blossoms and blooms is that they remind me of those earlier days when I first planted all my gardens. When I was also still young and green.


And in remembering and comparing, I can see how much more vibrant and fuller the gardens - and my life - have grown.

[Cornball me - out]

No comments:

Post a Comment