Make, Jane, make!: Recipe Review: Fastest Cinnamon Buns

Printfriendly

Small Share

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Recipe Review: Fastest Cinnamon Buns


I tried this Fine Cooking recipe about a year ago, before I got my food processor, and was very disappointed with the results. I tried blending the cottage cheese really well in the Magic Bullet and then finishing the recipe in my KitchenAid, but the final product still turned out really chunky and dense. 


Fast forward to 2012 -----[imagine a movement blur here]------> 
One year and one Cuisinart later, this recipe is now a hands-down, thumbs-up, lip-smacking, mouth-watering winner!



In the food processor, these cinnamon buns turned out just heavenly and they only took me an hour from start to yummy finish. They were suitably fluffy (especially considering they are not yeasted) and tender enough for the glaze to ooze into every nook and cranny.


I only had to make a few substitutions:
  • The cottage cheese I had was from Western Creamery (they have the best dairy products because the don't use any fillers!) - 250g of pressed cottage cheese (0.5% milk fat and 78% moisture)
  • 1/4 cup Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup whole milk instead of buttermilk (because I wanted more protein and I had no buttermilk :)
  • increased the cinnamon to two generous teaspoonfuls
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg instead of 1/2 tsp allspice



As you can see, the tasty treats were quickly devoured by all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment