Make, Jane, make!: Simple Pleasures: A la mode

Printfriendly

Small Share

Friday, April 8, 2011

Simple Pleasures: A la mode


I haven't really been keeping up with this blog lately, but then again I haven't been doing much to blog about. Been feeling kinda sick these past few weeks and my usual after-baby's-in-bed activity now consists of crawling up to my bed and trying to cocoon away in a darkened bedroom. Alas, my mind keeps on going and thinking of all the pretty first birthday dresses I could be making for little friends or lovely treats I could be baking up or even simply folding up the weekend's laundry.

So today, I vowed to grin and bear it and do something productive. Unfortunately for our bedroom floor the task I chose was not to sort underwear and fold shirts. Instead I decided to satisfy a two week long craving for apple pie. This craving began at the supermarket when I noticed ice cream on sale... normally we make our own, but who am I kidding? My stomach is barely allowing me to prepare dinner somedays, much less stir up some custard afterwards. So I bought some vanilla ice cream which then begged the question, how should we enjoy it?

My absolute first thought was fresh from the oven apple pie, but not having the time to make it that day we settled with Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Sundae Sauce from Nigella.com which made the perfect amount for three consecutive days of warm saucy bliss. Still, it wasn't apple pie... so today the inevitable happened - pie was made, melting ice cream ensued.



No comments:

Post a Comment